07 June 2012

Red Velvet Brownies













This is a funny story.  This week I need to make 4 batches of brownies.  My first batch was yesterday.  I made red velvet brownies out of the last box of red velvet mix.   As the brownies were finishing, I needed to leave to pick up Jack and Cecilia at school.  Brownies weren't quite done so I turned the oven off and cracked the door.  I then loaded up Monica, Samantha and Jonathan for the school pickup.  After loading kids at school, had to listen to Cecilia tell her story of woe that she didn't get an extra piece of candy from the teacher after she had lost one of pieces left over from a craft project.  As we are going home, I tell Cecilia she can have a brownie when we get home.  As I am starting to unload babies from car, Cece asks if she can have a brownie.  "Yes", I say "you just have to wait, they are in the oven."  
"Mom, I can get them!" says Cece as she runs into the house.
This is when I think, brownies are cooled off enough for her to get them so I don't stop her.


Cue to me holding one baby and Cece bringing brownies out to the garage to show me she got the brownes (with hotpads) out all by herself.


"Mom, I did it!"  


SMACK!   


Brownies flip over onto the garage floor.  


Oh, the tragic look on her face!  The tears!  The cries of "I'm so embarrassed".


"Mom, why aren't you yelling at me?"


"Well, honey, it is one of those moments where I think you are going to punish yourself more than I ever would."  and in my head thinking, "This is kinda funny, can't wait to put it in the blog..."


Back to making brownies...

No comments:

Post a Comment